Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Weekend at Pleasant Mountain Fiber Arts Workshops

Over the past year and a half I have experienced fiber weekends where I was a vendor, first and a teacher, second. Tomorrow I leave for Denmark, ME and three days of teaching at Pleasant Mountain Fiber Arts. I am free to concentrate on teaching for three whole days. I am just one of about ten teachers brought together by Linda Whiting who has pulled together a wide variety of class offerings including her own focusing on color blending and Rainbow dyeing. Besides Linda, I only know Roseanne Hunter who is single handedly responsible for my being a member of the Essex County Needlework Guild. Her knitted and crocheted rugs were the motivation for my showing up to hear her talk at my first meeting.
There is a wonderful variety of offerings. I was mesmerized by a group of women making punchneedle rugs at the Jamaica, VT Fiber Fair this past May, so I look foreword to meeting Rikki Gallagher who is teaching a class on designing for rug hooking. There are several workshops on a variety of felting methods. And spinning, one of my summer fiber goals!
What I love most about the fiber community is the shared love of learning and creating. I suspect there will at times be a blurred line between teacher and student. Expect a full report in the coming week.
Check out http://www.pleasantmtfiber.com
Blog On!,
Leslie

No comments: