Sunday, December 31, 2006

"new", I like the sound of that.

It takes a lot of energy to be open. It takes so little to shut down to a new idea, leave it unexamined and stand pat with the hand you hold- and I don't mean human. I am beginning to understand that it may take more energy to deal with the fallout from that attitude. At this age I can see that I have missed so much by not realizing sooner that I was responsible for so many of the blocks that I thought were put there by others. And people have missed knowing me. That takes a lot of "new attitude" to write. That I know I truly have something to offer and by allowing insecurity in any guise to keep me from letting my self out is a disservice to all concerned.
That written, it will be interesting to look back one year from now and see what changes this appreciation of "new" have manifested.
stand back, here I come.....
Thanks for reading,
Leslie

No comments: